Loris Capirossi disappointed to lose fight with Dovizioso

Capirossi unhappy with fifth
An all-Italian battle between Loris Capirossi and Andrea Dovizioso for fourth brought the crowd to their feet in the final stages at Misano, but there was ultimately frustration for the veteran Suzuki rider.

Rizla Suzuki’s Loris Cpairossi produced another excellent performance at Misano on Sunday, crossing the fifth, having started tenth on the grid, but the ultra-competitive Italian was not happy after the race as he had lost out in a duel for fourth place with Andrea Dovizioso on the last lap.

Indeed, there were just two-tenths of a second separating the pair as they crossed the line, prompting Capirossi to say afterwards, “"I am very disappointed and quite upset to lose fourth place on the last lap, I think we deserved it and it would have been a great result for the whole team, Suzuki and all the sponsors. Dovizioso was a little bit faster than me on the last lap and although I tried to close the door he overtook me quite fast. I tried to get him back but just didn't do it.”

Summarising the Gran Premio Cinzano di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini overall, Capirossi also remarked, “We got better all weekend and it was a great race for us today and although I am upset at losing out on fourth, because that would have been the best result this year, we are certainly getting closer all the time and I think very soon we will be right up there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment