Dani Pedrosa describes tough Misano race

Dani Pedrosa interview after race in Misano
Repsol Honda’s Dani Pedrosa gave it all he could at round 13 but he could not match the pace of his Fiat Yamaha rivals.

On the day he officially renewed with HRC to continue in the factory Honda team in 2010, Dani Pedrosa gave it his best shot at the Gran Premio Cinzano di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini, but could only manage third place at Misano.

The former 250cc and 125cc World Champion made one of his signature superb starts and led the race in the early laps, but was eventually hunted down by title chasers Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo, who appeared to have an advantage in terms of lap times on their Yamaha M1 machines.

Explaining what had occurred Pedrosa stated, “I gave it my maximum in the race. I tried to do everything I could and I wanted to stay with them (Rossi and Lorenzo) at the beginning, but in the middle of the race I started to go slower and they were just faster. They were braking better and cornering better, so I couldn’t keep up with them.”

At the end of the race the Barcelona rider had to be brought back to the pits by fellow Catalan Toni Elías after his machine cut out on the warm down lap. Pedrosa commented, “From the beginning I had some misfiring on a couple of corners and in the end I was very lucky because my bike stopped on the ‘in-lap’ and it was very strange. I don’t know if it was lack of fuel or something else, but I think I was lucky to finish the race and get third! Anyway, thanks to my team and the people around me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment