Jorge Lorenzo acknowledges Rossi competitiveness

Jorge Lorenzo interview after race in Misano
Jorge Lorenzo believes second place at Misano was a good result considering Valentino Rossi’s form throughout the weekend.

Having lapped sixth fastest in the Sunday warm up Jorge Lorenzo said he knew there was a very tough race ahead of him, also considering the pace of his team-mate and title rival Valentino Rossi throughout the weekend, and that proved to be the case once the real action got underway.

Lorenzo rode steadily after an early scare when Alex de Angelis, Colin Edwards and Nicky Hayden crashed out next to him, the Spaniard then hunting down Dani Pedrosa and chasing Rossi for the lead, but eventually falling two and a half seconds short.

The Majorcan rider is the only rider to have been on the podium every time he has finished a race this year and the Misano contest took him onto the rostrum for the tenth time in 2009.

Afterwards he said, “After the pace in warm up I knew it was going to be a difficult race. I had a not bad start, but then I almost crashed on the second corner, because (Alex) de Angelis was going so fast and his bike touched me. Fortunately I didn’t go down and I wanted to relax, so that I could recover, without taking too many risks.”

“I think today was the day to finish second and not to win, because Valentino had the best pace all through the weekend. So I had to concentrate on getting second place because I didn’t have the perfect set-up for my bike and I couldn’t brake so late. Because of that it was difficult to get around Dani (Pedrosa), as the Honda was accelerating very well. Anyway, second place is good.”

No comments:

Post a Comment