Valentino Rossi: ‘It was a perfect weekend’

Valentino Rossi interview after race in Misano
Valentino Rossi will make the short drive home to Tavullia from Misano with a 30 point advantage in the title race ahead of a three week break, with four rounds to go.

A fantastic performance this weekend at the Gran Premio Cinzano di San Marino e della Riviera di Rimini from standings leader and reigning World Champion Valentino Rossi allowed him to put the disappointment of Indianapolis firmly behind him in the Italian sunshine.

The ideal response from Rossi to his Indy DNF was a dominant display of his competitiveness and talent over the three days of the GP, climaxing in a solid race victory in front of his home fans, to wedge a 30 point gap between himself and runner-up Jorge Lorenzo.

Afterwards a delighted Rossi stated, “I am so happy because this victory is more important than normal, coming after a bad mistake in Indianapolis just seven days ago and especially because my team and I did a great job, from Friday afternoon. It was a perfect weekend, we were always very fast in all the practices and we are always proud of all the fans here in Misano. Thanks to them for all their support.”

Describing how the race had worked out from his perspective, Rossi also commented, “I hoped to make a better start and get to the front but Dani (Pedrosa) and Toni (Elías) overtook me on the first corner and then Jorge at the end of the first lap, so I was fourth and in a little bit of trouble. I had a full fuel load and wasn’t 100% confident.”

“I decided to find my rhythm and get the right temperature into the tyres, then I started to push and it was a great race. It was a great battle with Toni, Jorge and Dani. When I got in front I couldn’t see everything behind me but I saw Jorge overtake Dani. I had three or four corners where I was very fast so I tried to use that advantage to the maximum.”

No comments:

Post a Comment